Blog Post #1

400+ Free Instagram Logo & Instagram Images - Pixabay

    In no particular order, I chose Instagram as my first source of news and information. Instagram has a mixture of news and information I like to consume. On Instagram, I follow a lot of friends and family who I like to keep in touch with and see how they are doing. It is nice to see how a lot of my friends are doing in college and what they are up to. I also follow a good amount of athletes mainly from the Soccer world but also a lot of NBA and NFL players. I like to know what's going on in the sports world because I have always been into sports since I was a little kid. I follow accounts that are especially about sports and sports leaks. On Instagram, I also like to follow rappers and accounts that post about rap. One of the accounts I follow is actually called "rap" and they post about a lot of things but mainly about rap and this could include leaks on future songs/albums. 


    The second source that I use to get information and news is Tok Tok.  

TikTok - Make Your Day   

    TikTok is the app I use the most for my information because I spend the most time scrolling through the app than the others. TikTok is usually pretty fast at giving me information which is why I use it the most. If there is something big in the sports world people upload a lot of videos on it and quickly too so it helps me stay up to date on that. I also use TikTok for more "real-world information". I follow accounts specifically for real-world news. One example of an account I follow would be Dylan Page. He is an account that posts news related to TikTok. I prefer to listen to him than turn on the TV and watch the news because he is more easily accessible, he is more my age and uses "slang" and "terms" that I understand and can relate to more. He also condenses the information down so it's more easily understandable and it is a quick watch. It is easy to scroll through his page or pages similarly because there is a thumbnail that shows what each video is about before you click on it. Dylan Page This is a link to his TikTok page.



A source that I do not follow specific accounts for news is Twitter/X. X is useful for news and information that is happening in real-time. For the most part, it takes a little bit before you get to see information/news on social media but with X they have a trending tab that will allow you to see what people think is popular and what they are talking about. Unlike Instagram and TikTok, I do not need to follow specific accounts for my news/ information the trending tab makes up for that. 




Unlike the other three news sources, The New York Times is a more sophisticated place to find news and real-world events that are going on. I do not use The New York Times that much compared to the other three sources. I will say when I do use it I find that it typically has more information and more topics than the other ones. I would say I use The New York Times for big events like keeping up with the upcoming election or keeping up with big events in the world like what's going on with Gaza. I would recommend people check this out even though it is quite popular. I think it is a great place to find out relevant and big news events that are going on around the world. 

       

For my last news source, I use BBC Sports for a majority of my sports news. I like to watch British football mainly because my dad is British and made me watch soccer when I was a kid. I fell in love with soccer mainly European soccer specifically the Premier League. BBC Sports gives a lot of information that you can not get anywhere else. I use it to find out which player is rumored to go where and who is injured and more. It also has other sports like cricket, rugby, tennis, and more. I follow and keep up with a bunch of teams so this helps me with that. I enjoy scrolling through it to see which players might go on loan to another team or which team is thinking of buying a certain player. I also use it to keep up with what happened in the games I could not watch myself. When they play a majority of their games they play a bunch at the same time and a lot of them are played early in the morning due to the time difference. This will allow me to see what happened in each game even if I could not watch the game my self. 
















Comments